Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Another Goal For Smith This Afternoon



Lance Smith scored one of Hereford's goals this afternoon and set up another. That's three goals in three games. Afterwards he spoke to BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"We've got four games in ten days and we want to get four wins and we'll be in a good position for the title.

"Today was efficient, we defended well, going forward we looked a threat so it was a good three points all around."

Smith scored his goal late in the first half after a well placed cross from Jimmy Oates. 

"I had one before at the back post which I narrowly missed, it was an easier chance.

"I just hung at the back, I knew if I had a run nine times out of ten I'm going to win the header and luckily enough it went over the line."

The second Hereford goal came after Smith hassled the Royston keeper and won the ball which he passed to Rob Purdie.


"I sometimes chase lost causes which I shouldn't chase but when it nearly got to the line I thought it was going out. I kind of stopped but then I saw Rob and it was a great finish from him. He could have taken a touch but one touch and 2-0."

Next is Redditch on Monday.

"Preparation is key for all of us really. It's Easter but we're not going to enjoy any chocolate! We need to ensure we prepare really well.

"They are a good team and they've brought in some players now and a new manager so they will be up for it.

"We've got to go there and be efficient again, get the three points.

"It's 3G but we train on it so it shouldn't be too different. I'm not a fan of it as it's not good on the joints. It doesn't give."

Trevor Owens then asked Smith how he was enjoying his time with Hereford.

"It was a slow start as I had a bit of an injury and mid-season I had a bit of an injury as well. But I feel good at the minute, I feel I've come into a bit of form.

"Three goals in three, you can't argue with that. I just want to keep going and get us over the line now."

Smith partners either John Mills or Mike Symons.

"Mills is a fox in the box. If he gets a chance then nine times out of ten he'll put it away.

"When Symo comes on you know he'll win the headers and you play off him.

"It's good to have that in our armoury. Different tactics to see out a game.

"Like today with their big centre-half, Symo comes on and gives him a bit of a match for the rest of it."