Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Beadle And Son




Hereford manager Peter Beadle drafted one of his sons into his squad for last night's HFA Challenge Cup match against Tenbury United.

Afterwards in his post match interview he spoke about why he had brought 17 year old Josh in and how he thought his son had performed.

"He's a neat and tidy player," said Beadle.

"He looks a bit ungamely because he is as tall as he is. But he's got a nice touch, a decent passer.

"Disappointed that he missed with two headers because normally he's good in the air but he's done well tonight.

"We brought him in because we were short of bodies but he throughly enjoys coming over and playing. He played in the behind closed doors game we had a couple of weeks ago with Monmouth.

"He's at Hartpury and works really hard. He plays for Brimcombe's reserves but I think he's a bit better than that if I'm honest.

"He's come training with us a couple of times and he's always done okay. He'll be pleased with tonight as he's had fourty five minutes, played a couple of positions and he's done okay."

So when are you going to sign him up perhaps for the youth team?

"It's difficult for him to get over here at present. He's got his driving test coming up in a few weeks.

"But I think for him, I've tried to push him more towards senior football. For his development now I think he needs to be playing more games like tonight which he gets for his team on a Saturday. 

"I was pleased for him tonight, he did well. It was a more competitive game than the Monmouth one. He doesn't look out of place."

Beadle was asked if his son's performance took him back to when he was seventeen?

"No because I scored the headers he missed. I made a career out of that scoring those chances he had!

"So he'll probably put his headphones on and completely ignore me on the way home!

"No, I thought he did great. He's two footed which I never was at his age, I had to learn that as I went through.

"He's a good player and as he grows and starts to fill out he's going to be a good size."

So you might keep your eye on him?

"Yes, I'll keep my eye on him. As I will with the eldest one who played at Hyde last week. It's a shame he doesn't live a bit closer he's not bad either to be fair.

"Not as good as me like!"

Here are some more pictures of Josh Beadle taken during the second half of last night's game.