Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Buxton At Home On Monday April 1st Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, October 21, 2017

I Think We're Strong Enough To Win The League Said Watts


General manager James Watts was confident Hereford would defeat Eastleigh in the FA Cup last Saturday and he also feels that the club is strong enough to win the Southern Premier League this season.

"I was very confident when the draw came in against Eastleigh," Watts told BN. 

"I've watched a lot of football at this level. I knew a lot of players at Eastleigh from watching them before and when the draw came out I was very confident we could beat them.

"A lot of people thought I was over-confident but it was never in doubt for me that Hereford could go there and win.

"I actually tweeted Newport County see you in the first round, just because I was so confident we would do it.

"Telford will be difficult because with us being at home the fans will expect us to turn them over.

"Again I think we can do it, this team is capable of putting up a good fight against any National League team and I think on a one-off they could turn over a League Two side.

"They are well organised, well structured, they play for each other. I'm really impressed.

"I watched a couple of games before I joined the club and didn't think they were that strong, the game against Merthyr, the game against Tiverton but every game I've watched after even if they haven't been quite at the races they've had enough to win and I thought Saturday was exceptional.

"I think this league is a four horse race but I think we're strong enough to win it."