Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, July 07, 2017

Connell 'Honoured' to be Appointed Cherries' U18s Boss


Former Hereford United striker Alan Connell has been named as AFC Bournemouth's youth team manager.

Following his appointment as under 18s boss, Connell told Bournemouth's OS: "We had an Academy meeting recently where the plans for moving forwards and the changes to be made were discussed.

"Happily, I was offered the role with the under-18s which I was very pleased to accept.

"I’ve had a long association with the club and it’s a real honour to take on this position. It means a lot to me and I will work 24/7 to be successful with the players at under-18 level."

Connell was with the Bulls for their first season back in the Football League in 2006, and scored 10 goals in 51 games.