Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, May 12, 2017

Beadle Defends Releasing Edwards


Joel Edwards
Hereford FC manager Peter Beadle has defended his decision to release club captain Joel Edwards.

He spoke to the Official Site

“It was the toughest decision I have had to make in my two years in charge, but it’s the right one for the club to move forward as it needs to. Joel showed us exemplary commitment and is 100% Hereford FC, but I have to do what I think is right for the team in the long term and cannot let sentiment come into it.

“Joel was the right choice to be the first captain of Hereford FC and he led by example in his attitude and application. I want to thank him for his efforts and contribution he has made to the progress of the club and I’m certain he’ll continue to have a good career in the game.”

Meanwhile Beadle has told the Hereford Times that he has offered deals to four players not currently in his squad.

"I've spoken to one who I'm really keen on so I will wait until he makes up his mind," said Beadle.