Next Game: Preseason Friendly - Newport County At Edgar Street on Saturday 21th July at 3.00pm

Monday, April 03, 2017

UITC Weekend Round Up

West Brom Gloucestershire 3-2 Hereford U12
West Bromwich Albion welcomed Hereford FC under 12s. The game was very competitive , with a lot of opportunities created in both sides. In the first 40 minutes , Hereford started well , with good passing in the midfield and positive interaction between the front players with the midfields. Hereford scored first through Archie Horton and were very compact while attacking and defending. West Bromwich Albion started to feel more comfortable in the game , and start creating more passing lines and playing the ball more around the different parts of the field . With this approach WBA scored from a good cross from the left and a good first touch finish goal from Rio Spencer. In the end of this 40 minutes Hereford took the lead again when they were pressing WBA in the last quarter of the field with a very good technical goal from Freddie Parker.

The last 40 minutes of the game was extremelly competitive with Hereford trying to manage the result but at the same time with fast counter attack through the wings , but WBA was able to control their actions and to play forward to create changes. In the last 15 minutes of the game, West Brom dominated the game while attacking and defending and scoring two goals that gave them the victory.

Hereford: Cameron Williams, Iolo Bubb, Jed Weaver, Isaac Morris, Joe Lloyd, Jamie Holman, Archie Horton, Oliver Desborough, Adam Lewis, Finley Dorise, Freddie Parker, Sam Field, Morgan Barbu, Ryan Price, Jack Condliffe and Zachary Bruton

Worcester City 3-0 Hereford U14
Worcester started well and enjoyed much of the early possession. There were few clear cut chances created although Worcester took the lead following a smart passage of play. The ball was moved quickly from the right hand side of the pitch through central midfield and out to Tristan Webby who beat his man and cut the ball back from the by-line. Tom Mills was on hand to rifle the ball into the roof of the net from close range. The game ebbed and flowed with very few opportunities for either side. The game was a little scrappy and was largely played out as a midfield battle. Hereford started the final quarter in a determined fashion, and pressed the Worcester goal looking for an equaliser. Hereford had a few long range efforts although they did not overly trouble the Worcester keeper and the home side extended their lead after a long distance shot from Kane Harold hit the crossbar. The Hereford keeper saved a follow up shot from Prince Henry although the ball fell kindly to Joe Palmer who slotted home into the roof of the net. The win was confirmed when Prince Henry latched onto a poor clearance, beat a player and rifled a left footed shot into the top corner of the net from the edge of the area. This was a close encounter by two strong teams and Hereford battled well throughout. 

Hereford: Charles Corrieri, William Clarke, Will Powell, Lucas Hoven, Joe Speake, Max Coley, Jamie Payne, Tom Burton, Will Peace, Jacey Emms, Tom Hamilton, Jay Oliver, Iwan Hooper and Joshua Briggs

Hereford U15 0-2 Worcester City
In the first quarter Hereford dominated possession but it was Worcester who made the decisive breakthrough when a long ball was controlled on the turn by the Worcester No 9 and he unleashed an unstoppable shot into the roof of the Hereford net. Will Thomas at centre half for Hereford had a tremendous battle throughout the game with the Worcester No 9 which resulted in Gold for both of them at the end. In the second period Hereford continued to stick to the game plan and again had the lions share of possession without creating too much in the way of chances on goal. However midway through the period Hereford thought they had equalised when the move of the match released Ollie Guinane who ghosted in on the left and collected a cross field ball on the run which he struck into the net. The referee after consulting long and hard with the linesman eventually disallowed the goal for offside. Worcester then created a wonderful opportunity to score their second goal but Max Farmer produced a stunning one handed point blank stop high to his right. Into the third quarter and it was Worcester who scored the second decisive goal when a headed back pass to the keeper fell short and was gobbled up gleefully by the Worcester No 11. The fourth quarter ebbed and flowed as Hereford streamed forward looking for a goal to get them back in the game but mindful of Worcester threat on the counter attack. With ten minutes left it was the Worcester goalkeepers turn to produce a stunning save low down to his left from a Shaun Yalland shot from 10 yards. That was the final chance of the game and Worcester ran out 2-0 winners.

Hereford: Max Farmer, Joshua Bridges, Iollan Guinane, Jake Mcquilkin, Ben Hopkins, Luke Morgan, Cameron Smiley, William Thomas, Robert Whitlock, Shaun Yalland, Archie Muirhead, Harry Fielding, Luke Bufton, Jack Sage and Dan Keane

Sutton Coldfield 3-2 Hereford U16
he opening two periods were evenly contested, with clear cut chances at a premium. Sutton probably shaded possession and Asa Crosling, Kye Hemans and Adam Bourn all had half chances to put the hosts ahead. Hemans in particular was proving a real handful for the visitors defence, holding the ball up well and looking the player most likely to break the deadlock. Hereford also had their moments, with some decent left wing crosses into the Sutton penalty area. The half way period was reached without either keeper really being tested.

Sutton took the lead early in the 3rd period when Hemans pounced on a loose ball 10 yards out and crashed it into the roof of the net. Within a couple of minutes Sutton's lead was doubled. Dan Hurst's pass released Hemans and after some good work on the bye line his cross was headed home from close range by Jacques Pokarou. Sutton were now on top and the quarter ended 2-0.

Sutton looked to have made the game safe at the start of the 4th quarter when a defensive lapse allowed Hemans to roll the ball into the net from a narrow angle to make it 3-0. With seven minutes remaining, a defensive lapse at the other end gave Hereford a lifeline, Luke Marston scoring from close range. Three minutes later and it was once again 'game on' when Callum Beckett curled an excellent shot over Callum Hayward to make it 3-2. Sutton saw out the remaining few minutes to win the game 3-2.

Hereford: Joe Regan, Callum Beckett, Reece Edwards, Luke Firkin, Cameron Gauci, Jack Marston, Matt Mcleod, Elliott Peeters-vanstone, Joe Mellars, Sean Swann-mcbride, Owain Woodcock, Charlie Greenhouse and Luke Marston

Hereford U18 Girls 0-0 Hutton (Hereford won 5-4 on penalties)
Hereford girls beat Hutton on penalties in the semi final of the cup. Hereford were unable to convert several chances but the squad of 10 players battled well against the 11 players of Hutton. Hereford's penalties were converted by Sian Bull, Tash Devereux, Lauren Brown, Meg Holman and Sophie Elcox-Bond. Next up for the girls is a table topping trip to Forest Green on Sunday, a game that could decide who wins the league. 

Hereford: 1. Holman 2. Young 3. Devereux 4. Bull 5. Elcox-Bond 6. Stezaker 7. Sullivan 8. Kenny 9. Brown 11. Bushell