Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Great Day For Jimmy Oates


Jimmy Oates Collecting One Of His Awards
Jimmy Oates had, probably, one of those days you are unlikely to forget for a long time.

As well as scoring a goal, assisting with two others, he was also presented with the Player of the Season award and a couple of others as well.

Afterwards he spoke to both BBC Hereford and Worcester and BN.

Here's some of his H&W interview with Trevor Owens. 

"What a day to finish it off on," said Oates.

"The weather was perfect for us and we just wanted to go out and put on a performance forthe fans, it was really enjoyable out there.

"Beads has really encouraged me to get forward and I like being able to join in the attack. Getting a clean sheet is great as well."

Talk us through the goal.

"Purds and I talked about it before the game. Purds said any corner I take I'll whip into that front post area. I just got around my man and attacked it. I just shut my eyes and it came off well.

"With the year that we've had, I think everyone deserves the awards. You don't win the League like the way we have without a solid squad. Every one in the squad has done their part.

"Such a good day to finish it off on."

Oates was asked about looking out at the supporters as he received his awards.

"It's unreal. I don't think I ever thought I would experience such a thing. Everyone loves this club so much and you can really see it on days like this.

"Next season the expectations will be the same. I can't wait to get stuck into it next year."