Next Game: Preseason Friendly - Newport County At Edgar Street on Saturday 21th July at 3.00pm

Sunday, March 26, 2017

UITC Weekend Roundup

Hereford U12's 3-5 Yate Town
ate Town came out of the starting blocks the quickest of the two teams and got into there stride immediately, playing some good positive football. With Rueben Rule making it 1-0 in the first quarter. Rule then scored a second with some neat build up play. The Gold award winner Tommy Andrews -Britton then got his name on the score sheet to make it 3-0 at the end of the 2nd quarter, to put the game seemingly out of Hereford's reach. However, Hereford came out in the 3rd quarter with much more energy and purpose and grabbed a goal through the industrial Freddie Parker. The momentum was very much with Hereford and they sensed a dramatic comeback was on the cards. Against the run of play Yate Town's Matthew Gore produced an absolutely sensational strike to make it 4-1. This did not deter Hereford and they kept battling and reduced the deficit through a Jamie Holman goal. Making it 4-2, going into the 4th quarter.Hereford started as they finished the 3rd quarter, placing pressure on the Yate Town players, forcing them into mistakes, which Hereford capitalised on with a well taken Archie Horton finish. This made it 4-3 with 10 minutes left. Hereford had chances to equalise but just couldn't find that finishing touch. But step forward Yate Town's Matthew Gore once again with a great strike, which ultimately finished off any hopes of a Hereford comeback.

Hereford: Cameron Williams, Morgan Barbu, Charlie Bemand, Iolo Bubb, Oliver Desborough, Finley Dorise, Sam Field, Archie Horton, Jamie Holman, Adam Lewis, Isaac Morris, Freddie Parker, Joe Lloyd and Jed Weaver

Henley Park Rangers 5-1 Hereford U13 (Friendly)
The game remained 0-0 for some time with Hereford keen to play out from their GK, and HPR looking to spring and press. Hereford played some nice football, with good passing and movement, HPR enjoyed more possession in Herefords half. A Reece Matharu free kick caused some hesitation in Herefords back line allowing Josh Brookes to sweep home the ball. 1-0 HPR. Hereford broke down the left flank and scored via Harrison Summers whose shot from a tight angle found the gap between GK and post. 1-1. HPR raced back down the other end and caught Hereford when Louis Godfray anticipated Herefords play and nipped in to finish to place HPR 2-1 up. Into the second half and both sides had good opportunities before Charlie Deex King scored a delightful left footed free kick from the right side of the pitch in Herefords final third. Louis Godfray again scored to make it 4-1 with a instinctive lob over Herefords GK. Connor Ribiero wrapped up the scoring by pushing through a right sided run finishing neatly in the corner. 

Hereford: Jamie Smith, Hugo Bernard-Pullen, Keiron Davies, Mason Godsall, Tim Honey, Joshua Phillips, Jack Powell, Harrison Summers, Michael Yalland, Zachary Bruton and Jack Condliffe

Hereford U14 3-4 Henley Park Rangers
Almost two minutes into the first quarter, HPR manged to open the scoring, with a well taken finish. The teams then battled it out quite evenly until the end of the quarter. In the second quarter HFC started strongly but were unable to capitalize, HPR scored after 10 minutes, possibly against the run of play. They swiftly added a second before the H/T interval. Hereford again started strongly in the third quarter and managed to score five minutes before the interval. Again HFC came out strongly and soon added a second with a well taken header off a cross. This made for an interesting last ten minutes, with HPR breaking away to score, before HFC again struck back off a corner.

Hereford: Charles Corrieri, Tom Burton, Max Coley, Myles Perkins, Will Powell, Lucas Hoven, Joe Speake, Will Peace, Jamie Payne, Tom Hamilton, Jay Oliver, William Clarke, Samuel Yapp, Joshua Briggs, Oliver Morris and Harry Ratcliffe
Goalscorers: Tom Hamilton, Jay Oliver and Tom Burton

Gloucester City 2-1 Hereford U15
The game begins with Hereford on the front foot playing high tempo football it took GC a while to adapt but they came more into the game as the period progressed 15 mins in and Hereford took the lead when played a early ball in from the left and Ben Hopkins cut in front of GC keeper Sam Tandy to score a well taken goal both sides continued playing high tempo football the period ends 0-1 to Hereford. Period 2 starts both sides playing great football 6 mins in and GC equalise when the Hereford defenders failed to clear in the box good work by Sam Unwin battling in the box the ball comes to Sam Collins to score the equaliser GC row in confidence and put pressure on the Hereford defence 15 ins in and GC take the lead when a pass from Sam Collins finds Barrie Moss who cut powered through to slot the ball past the keeper into the net period ends 2-1 to GC

Period 3 starts and Hereford start applying pressure to GC defence who were battling well GC created a couple of chances the Hereford keeper produced a great save to deny Miguel Keivani both sides were playing a great level of football cancelling each other out the period ends 2-1 to GC. Period 4 starts more of the same with both sides playing great football with a high tempo Hereford going for a equaliser but the GC defence held strong to see the game out. This was a great advert for the JPL Two teams playing great football and a credit to their clubs. Excellent performances for Hereford from Rob Whitlock, lolan Guiane and Shaun Yaland.

Hereford: Max Farmer, Cameron Smiley, Ben Hopkins, Archie Muirhead, Shaun Yalland, Robert Whitlock, Joshua Bridges, Iollan Guinane, William Thomas, Jake Mcquilkin, Luke Morgan, Dan Keane, Jack Sage, Luke Bufton and Harry Fielding