Next Game: Forest Green Rovers at Home on Wednesday 25th July at 7.45pm

Sunday, March 12, 2017

South And West Weekend Review

Like in its sister division, the title race in the EVO-STIK League Southern Division One South & West looks all over with Hereford FC holding a thirteen-point lead and only twenty-one points left on offer, writes Pitchero's Steve Whitney.

Captain Joel Edwards Leads Out His Team At Bideford Yesterday
However, the Bulls had to make do with just one point from their trip to Devon to play Bideford, who became the first team to keep a clean sheet against Peter Beadle`s side. The Devonians also had the boost of a crowd of 625.
Tiverton Town lost second place to neighbours Taunton Town after they were beaten 1-0 at mid-table Shortwood United, whose Will Morford scored the only goal after 34 minutes.
The Peacocks were 4-2 home winners over Bishops Cleeve, with Jordan Rogers and Ed Palmer giving the hosts a 2-0 interval lead.

Shane Bumphrey reduced the arrears on the hour-mark but Rogers again and then Josh Searle, made it 4-1 before Jacob Davidge netted a second for Cleeve four minutes into time added on.
Salisbury FC are fourth, four points behind Tivvy with two games in hand after going nap at the Ray Mac against Larkhall Athletic.
Lewis Benson scored the only first half goal right on the half-time whistle but second half goals from Tom Whelan, Claudio Herbert, Justin Bennett and Tommy Wright sealed a comfortable win for Steve Claridge`s side.

Evesham United are fifth, six points in front of sixth-placed Mangotsfield United after they beat Barnstaple Town 1-0 at home, thanks to the returning Ashley Edenborough after 47 minutes, while the Mangos were held 0-0 at Cossham Street by second-bottom Wantage Town.
Swindon Supermarine are now just a couple of points behind the Mangos after winning 2-0 at Winchester City, courtesy of Callum Parsons after 38 minutes and Brad Hooper on 54 minutes.
Bottom side Bridgwater Town are all-but doomed after a 2-0 Fairfax Park defeat to fellow strugglers AFC Totton leaves them 18 points from safety.
George Reid`s 49th minute goal earned Didcot Town the points at home to third-bottom Slimbridge, while the games at Paulton Rovers and North Leigh both ended 1-1.
Rovers looked to be heading for a home derby defeat to Yate Town when Aysa Corrick put the Bluebells in front with only five minutes to go. But Sol Wheatley rescued a point for the hosts a minute into time added on.
Elsewhere, Toby Holmes gave Wimborne Town an early eighth minute lead at North Leigh, whose George Seacole levelled six minutes before the break.