Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, January 02, 2017

Second Half We Made Hereford Look Dodgy At The Back Said Collicut


Paul Collicut And Peter Beadle
Evesham manager Paul Collicut faced the local media after his side lost 2-1 at Edgar Street this afternoon.

"The first fourty five my lads froze, Hereford were the better side," he said.

"Two mistakes have cost us in the first half.

"Then all of a sudden in the second half we came to life.

"And I think we probably caused Hereford more problems in that second half than most teams this season.

"We told the lads at half-time that we believed in them and they had to believe in themselves.

"First fourty five we froze, a lot of my lads have never played in front of a good crowd like this today. Evesham fans came out in numbers today and it would be great to play in front of a crowd like that week in week out.

"Hereford they are a good side for a lot of reasons but I thought second half we made them look ordinary and that's the biggest compliment I can pay my lads."

Evesham scored a cracking goal.

"Lindon (Dovey) keeps telling me that he's a striker. He's been with me three seasons and I've been playing him at the back but he's reknown for popping up with a goal like that. It was a very good goal.

"After that you're hoping we're on the front foot but the keepers pulled off a good few saves for them and in fairness to Beadle he's come up and said we deserved to get something out of the game but we haven't which is obviously disappointing.

"What is diappointing for me is that we didn't perform for ninety minutes and if we had we would have definitely got something out of the game.

"Today we've mixed it with the best side in the League and they are up there for a reason, they're unbeaten and they've got a very good defensive record but second half we made them look a little dodgy at the back."

Collicut ended by saying "I'm chuffed with everything bar the result!"