Next Game: Pre-Season Friendly - Melksham Town Away on Saturday 7th July

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Weekend Review From The South And West

Here's a review of all the weekend action in the Southern League South and West written by Pitchero's Steve Whitney.

Hereford FC are now four points clear at the top of the EVO-STIK League Southern's Division One South & West table after edging out Wimborne Town on Saturday.

The Bulls were certainly made to scrap by a Magpies outfit who looking towards a top five spot themselves.
And they started well, taking an early fifth minute lead through Toby Holmes. Top scorer John Mills equalised from the penalty spot in the 17th minute, only for Jamie Davidson to restore Wimborne`s lead five minutes later.
Recent signing Jamie Molyneux pulled the Bulls back on terms a minute before the break, and then new loan signing Calvin Dinsley won it for the visitors in the 58th minute.

Jamie Molyneux Scored For Hereford
A further boost for Hereford came with the news that second-placed Mangotsfield United had lost, 3-0 at Larkhall Athletic, whose Jamie Lyons in the first half and Jamie Stinson and Josh Egan in the second, did the damage.
Tiverton Town moved to within two points of the Mangos after a late win against second-bottom AFC Totton at Ladysmead.
Jamie Price gave Tivvy a 25th minute lead, but Neil Williams on 45 minutes and Nick Watts on 57 minutes turned the game in the Stags favour. Levi Landricombe levelled with 15 minutes remaining and then Owen Howe won it in the very last minute.
Evesham United moved above Swindon Supermarine into fourth after winning 3-1 at the Webb`s Wood Stadium, taking an early sixth minute lead through Liam Harding.
Brad Hooper pulled `Marine level from the spot after 25 minutes, but Lance Smith, also from the spot on 55 minutes and then Elliot Kennedy in stoppage time, sealed United`s win.

Salisbury FC continue to disappoint and were beaten 2-1 at Slimbridge, for whom Jack Twyman after 46 minutes and recent signing Lee Smith on 50 minutes, sandwiched Olly Mehew`s 47th minute reply for the Whites.
Wantage Town and Bridgwater Town are both still win-less, but both sides managed draws.
The Somerset side shared a 1-1 draw at Shortwood United, whose Nick Hancocks cancelled out Syd Camper`s goal right on half-time in the 53rd minute.
Wantage also drew 1-1 at Barnstaple Town, whose Shaun Copp rescued them just two minutes from time after the Alfredians had led from the seventh minute, courtesy of Jared Jones.
Paulton Rovers moved up to nineteenth after a 2-0 home win over Bishops Cleeve, courtesy of second half goals from Reeko Best and Kallan Gould.
Yate Town, however, were beaten 2-1 at home by Bideford, who came back from being a 33rd minute Jamie Richards own goal down to win, thanks to Billy Tucker on the hour-mark and Chris McGrath three minutes later.
Winchester City came from being a sixth minute Jordi Mulvany goal down at home to Didcot Town to triumph 3-1, thanks to recent signing Andy Jenkinson and Howard Neighbour just before the break and Craig Feeney just after it.