Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, August 08, 2016

Hereford Preview From Mangotsfield


Mangotsfield FC look ahead to tomorrow's game at Edgar Street.

 It's a great game to play in as it is their first home match of the season, and one my players should relish." Hereford have recruited well and finally signed Tristan Plummer from Weston super Mare. Dave (Mehew - manager) joked "I expect he got the move after playing with me in the Weston v Man Utd legends game a couple of weeks ago. It's not a surprise as word gets around about these things, but it does show their intent this season. We have nothing to lose and will give it a right go I hope, as most will view this as the fixture of the season.

Someone will take points off them this season, obviously I'd like it to be us. I know a couple of their players having had the very influential Mike Symons at Gloucester and he'll be a real handful this season to teams I'm sure. Also Jamie Edge who I felt just wasn't ready for the Con North at the time. A good player though and he's matured now I'm sure, so it will be interesting to see how he does if he gets his first start of the season.

I've known Pete Beadle, the manager, for a few years now, meeting him through a mutual friend ex-Rovers legend Justin Skinner. He's done really well at The Bulls and people forget the good times he had at Newport County, which probably laid a foundation for them to kick on up the league pyramid. He also has Steve Jenkins alongside him who, while at Merthyr, won this league at a canter with his impressive team at the time. So it's going to be tough all round, but it's football and certainly we are here to have a go."

From the fourteen available Saturday, we welcome a couple of the players either injured or unavailable for the opening fixture. With hopefully two more back for the weekend game. Dave said "we need all the help we can Tuesday evening so I'll keep my cards close to my chest for this one. But we won Saturday and that is great for us and the squad."