Next Game: Forest Green Rovers at Home on Wednesday 25th July at 7.45pm

Saturday, July 23, 2016

FCUM 1-0 Hereford

Joel Edwards Captained Hereford
Hereford travelled to Manchester on Saturday for their fourth friendly but suffered the first defeat as the National North side FCUM won 1-0. Hereford named 2 new trialists on the substitutes bench: Undy's Chris Parry and former Evesham player Nathan Modest on the substitutes bench. 

Chris Parry
Joe Phillips was also named on the bench following his first appearance last Tuesday evening.

Jamie Cuss's Shot Beat The Keeper

But It Went Wide
Hereford started brightly and within the opening few minutes Joe Tumelty charged forward and got a shot away but it was parred by goalkeeper Carnell. The opening stages were fairly even with both sides coming close. Hereford best chance of the half and game fell to Mike Symons with around 20 minutes gone. Symons found himself in space as the ball was played to him but his shot was well parred by the goalkeeper. The ball then fell to Tumelty but his shot was blocked by a FC player. 

Hereford continued to press and attack FCUM as they tried to get an opening goal. Hereford had 2 good chances amongst the couple of attacks that were fizzled out by FCUM. The first saw Ross Staley break into the box only for his pass to beat the goalkeeper, however it was cut out by an opposition player before it could get to Symons. As the first half drew to a close a cross from Joel Edwards was not collected by the goalkeeper as he jumped with 2 players only for the ball to fall in front of Staley but his shot went wide. 

Ross Staley With An Effort

That The Keeper Failed To Deal With But Was Kept Out
Half Time: FC United 0-0 Hereford

Hereford started the second half with a couple of half chances but these were dealt with and stopped. Around 10 minutes into the half FCUM scored but the goal was disallowed for being offside. Hereford first chance and shot on goal of the half came not long after but the shot was well saved by Basso in the FCUM goal. A few minutes later trialist Modest broke into the box from the wing before side footing a shot wide. 

FCUM broke the deadlock not long after as Greaves scored. Hereford went searching for a leveller but they were frustrated by FCUM defending. As the game headed into the last 10 minutes Hereford did manage to get a couple of opportunities. John Mills got onto a Joe Phillips header and chested it down before dribbling into the box before pulling a shot across the goal mouth and wide. Phillips was next to have an opportunity as he ran onto a pass off Mills near the half way line but his control was heavy and the ball rolled into the path of the charging FCUM player who was able to easily slide the ball out for a corner and in the process collided with his own goalkeeper as he rushed out to meet Phillips. 

Joe Phillips
From the resulting corner from Haysham, Huntbach rose at the front and headed the ball strongly but it was parred by a diving Basso in the FCUM goal before being cleared by a FCUM player. The clearance fell to Haysham, who delivered another cross but it was high and went over the Hereford players waiting in the box. 

Full Time: FC United 1-0 Hereford
Attendance: 1,050

FCUM: Dave Carnell, Dale Tong, Chris Chantler, Tom Brown, Tom Eckersley, Scott Kay (c), Sam Madeley, Sam Sheridan, Harry Pratt, George Thomson and Harry Winter. Subs: Tom Greaves, Adriano Basso, Dean Hope, Kieran Glynn, Matt Walwyn, Kisimba Kisimba, James Doyle, Jake Williams and Jamie Frost.

Hereford: Martin Horsell, Jimmy Oates, Joel Edwards, Jamie Edge, Chris Barker, Jamie Willets, Joe Tumelty, Aaron Birch, Jamie Cuss, Ross Staley, Mike Symons. Subs: Chris Parry, Joe Phillips, Anthony Robbins, Rob Purdie, Rory Huntbach, John Mills, Pablo Haysham, Nathan Modest and Alex Harris