Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Friday, July 08, 2016

Claridge Reaction To Facing Hereford

Steve Claridge - BN Pic
Salisbury FC manager Steve Claridge has given his reaction to facing Hereford in the FA Trophy on Saturday October 8th.

"I'm three-quarters pleased and one quarter disappointed," said Claridge as reported by the Salisbury OS.

"The same as I was when the Vase semi-final draw was made.

"It is a wonderful game for everyone again, with a big crowd likely. I'm just gutted we have to face such quality opposition so early on.

"I thought the way both clubs conducted themselves last season over the two legs of the Vase semi was brilliant. They were gracious to us in victory, their manager and all their officials, and I like to think we were gracious in defeat as well.

"I believe these are two quality clubs with quality players and fans, both very professional.

"It's great that we have an intense rivalry but not a bitter one and that's not always the case in football."