Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, June 06, 2016

£65K Spent On 'Welsh' Shirts By Former Hereford Physio


A former Hereford United physio claims to have spent £65,000 on collecting shirts worn by Welsh footballers.

Simon Shakeshaft now has 350 match tops in his collection.

To preserve them he puts each one into an air-tight bag.

"I was never good enough to be a footballer, like 99% of lads are not," he told BBC Wales.

 "But when I was a physio, that was the next best thing.

"For me, if I have a match-worn shirt worn by Hal Robson-Kanu or John Charles, that's the closest I can personally get to that level.

"To me, that's a historic artefact straight away. He's represented Wales in that shirt. To have the shirt sweaty and smelly adds to the provenance."

Read more at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-36267170