Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, January 16, 2016

A 'Complete' Performance Said Beadle


Peter Beadle Speaking To His Squad After Today's Victory
Hereford FC manager Peter Beadle felt that this afternoon's 6-0 win over Leicester Nirvana was 'as performances go that's probably as complete as we've had so far this season'.

"I thought we showed great discipline to seek them out," Beadle told the assembled hacks which included a reporter from the Daily Mail.

"The scoreline is what it is and for us that is a bonus.

"They are a good side and I'll be extremely surprised if they don't win their league by a country mile this year.

"I think we'll find it difficult to come up against a front four and an attacking team with the players they've got again this season. I'm sure at some point we will, but they will be hard to beat what they've produced today.

"So the scoreline, in a way I'm delighted, I feel for them because 6-0 is a thumping but as a performance perfect. Clean sheet, four four lads worked so hard so clean was nice as well.

"January is a fantastic month with opposition and games we've had. Obviously last week was postponed so we had to put back the Khalsa game which was a shame as I'm sure that would be a good game as well.

"We've got Alvechurch coming here next week and they'll be ready for that as well because it will be a chance for them to stamp their mark which is what they want to do.

"I've said to the boys the challenge for them is to continue what we are doing and like I said we had a little bit of a slump at Wulfrunians when we didn't have that energy and looked a little bit off it but today I thought that was as professional a performance as we can have.

"We were fantastic defensively. We changed a few things with our shape and it worked. And if we had been more clinical what could the scoreline have been, it could have been a few more. I'm just happy with the performance.

"We tried to second guess what they were going to do today after playing last week and the view was that they wouldn't change very much. Their wingbacks did drop a little bit deeper than the first game and tried to nullify our wide men.

"But I think once we got to 2-0 they sort of threw caution to the wind. And as I've said before when teams go down to ten men or open up that's when we are at our best and today second half we were fantastic clinically but I think all the hard work was done in the first half with the fact that we matched them. All the individuals won their battle and so it was a real good performance.

"They are extremely happy with what they have done today but I think the happiest people are the groundstaff because I think, yet again, they've done a fantastic job to get this game on today with all the weather we've had and how bad it was last Saturday.

"Looking at it now it hardly looks like there's been a game here. So credit to them as well because they've worked tiredlessly this week, I know they have. To have the playing surface we've had today as been phenomenal.

"We've come through the game with no knocks so far, we've come through the game with a clean sheet, we've scored six goals, we're into the next round and we'll look forward to that in two weeks."