Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, August 08, 2015

The Butterflies Are Out Of The Way - Purdie


Rob Purdie was glad the game was over but felt the team can play better.

"I think we've got the butterflies out of the way and everything, first time a lot of us have played in front of that sort of crowd so hopefully that's out of the way," Purdie told BN

"I think the most pleasing thing about the performance is that we can play better.

"I don't think we played well today. We were 60/70% the whole game.

"So first game out of the way, we've got a win and we look forward to Tuesday.

"There could be 850 away fans on Tuesday which will be huge, huge for Stourport as well, but we've got to make sure we do our job on the pitch.

"The fans are doing their job off it, the club are doing their job to make sure we are sustainable and we've got a chance of winning the League so it's down to the players on Tuesday to put on a performance."

The Stourport pitch might not be as good as Edgar Street?

"To be honest our pitch isn't the best at the moment, it's the worst I've ever seen it which is obviously because it was left so long.

"So Stourport might be a little bit better. Pegasus's pitch was probably better and Brinscombe and Thrupp had a good surface as well.

"We might struggle on the tighter pitches because we've got quite a wide pitch here but as for quality of the pitch, I don't think ours will be a lot better than many others especially this time of the season."

Purdie wasn't pleased with his performance this afternoon.

"I was disappointed with myself today I don't think I played particularily well. I was frustrated apart from the last twenty minutes.

"Didn't really get my game going but I'll work on that."