Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, December 20, 2014

PA Man Healey Thanks Colleagues And Fans


Stadium Announcer Matt Healey has posted his thoughts on Facebook:

So after the sad news of yesterday, I just wish to say quite a few thanks. Firstly thank you to Keith Hall and Peter Povall for giving me the confidence to get involved with the PA side of things in September 2002 ,without the start it gave me I doubt I would have had the belief to get into the DJ/Radio industry

Thank you to Graham Turner for producing a truly brilliant era from 2003-2009, it was amazing to see us rising up the leagues playing attractive football and being in the same division as Brighton, Huddersfield, Leeds & Leicester in League One

Also to Joan Fennesey Lee Symonds, Anthony Symonds, Rachel Norledge & Shaun Rogers for sterling work in the office. Thank you to Steve Niblett for some excellent photography skills & I’ve found some retro pictures which I will upload in the coming weeks

Big up to Dave Preedy & Caroline Preedy , Man of the match was always interesting

Jamie Griffiths, Gregg Davies, & Mark Farmer deserve the plaudits for some truly brilliant work on the official website, social networking and matchday programme

Many thanks to all the stewards, turnstile operators, and programme sellers, & the staff who prepared the matchday meals and washed the kit, Well done to Ian Pritchard for his work on the pitch. Rob Honey for giving me the thumbs up so I knew when the teams were coming out. Also Dave & Nicki White from the VP club & all the other VP members, + Keith Dodd for the 50/50 draw, Richard Burkin & Dave Weaver for organising the away travel too

Special mention to Chris Powis too, when you get involved with things (and the past few months I was doing 8 jobs on matchday) you realise what people do, and the work he put in voluntarily on the canteen side of things deserves a big thumbs up

Brian Palmer I miss our chats, hope your ok buddy, & Matty Done’s dad whose name I’ve forgot you were a great laugh, and I’m glad Matty is doing the biz with Rochdale in league 1

Towards the end as well I was privileged to report on the games for BBC Hereford and Worcester, so thank you Trevor Owens for the opportunity. Also thank you to Nigel Morris, Paul Smith, John Taylor, Anna Cooperwhite, Ian Davies, & Dave Webb for letting me do reports for Sunshine and Classic Hits 

Big up Richard Prime, Laurie Teague, Barry Griffiths & Paul Rogers, who were based in the press box. Thank you to Len Dykes & Steve Thomas for their work as safety officers.

Thank you to all the Hereford United supporters and players, thank you as well to the staff members I didn't mention above who worked hard for the club this season in very challenging circumstances, apologises if I have forgotten anybody

I was disappointed with some of the libellous comments made on bulls banter the past few weeks about me. I will be setting the record straight in the form of a journal which I maintained throughout the season, and once this is edited I will release it to the Hereford Times & Bulls News

Also to dispel one of the lies I read about me, I WAS paid by the club for my work this season & as I agreed with Keith Hall, on the morning of the St Neots home game that if we were liquidated during the season, any money I made from the regime will be donated to the supporters trust. Its a low 3 figure amount but will be useful 

The battle now is to make sure Edgar street is the home of the new phoenix club. Everybody needs to galvanize together. The club needs to be run sensibly , and there is to be no kamikaze spending and silly contracts dished out. On a personal note I would love to see Graham Turner involved ,in maybe some sort of club president role. The man is an absolute legend and his experience is priceless

Hereford Utd
30th August 1924 - 19th December 2014
RIP