Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Mills Wanted More Than Southern League Premier


Didcot striker John Mills has told the Oxford Mail that he turned down Jon Taylor's advances partly due to the club's financial plight, and partly because he felt he could do better.

The 24 year old has scored 33 times this season, and told the paper: “There was a lot of press recently about Hereford going to court because of their money troubles and, to be honest, if I want to push myself I’ll try and push higher.

“It’s also a lot of travelling and I didn’t really fancy travelling two-and-a-half hours down the motorway every night.

“Every footballer always wants to play at the highest level they can. I’m 24 now so if it’s going to happen it’ll have to happen soon, but we’ll just see what happens.

“I’m not forcing anything, I’m not pushing for anything, because if the goals keep coming then people will keep looking and keep asking questions.”