Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

More From MP Norman On Meeting With FA


Jesse Norman MP for Hereford has given BBC H&W more information about his meeting with the FA earlier today.

"This was the second meeting I've had with the FA so I had several goals," said Norman.

"The first was to really communicate in absolutely unmistakable terms the anger of fans and the very clear unassailable facts in Hereford United so there can be no doubt about where their obligations as the FA should lie.

"The second thing I wanted to do was to put a whole series of issues in front of them.

"One - Outstanding debt which the club owes to people who have helped and supported it in and around Edgar Street over the last months and years.

"Secondly - The status of the owners and directors test which is not transparant and not properly enforced.

"Thirdly - What is actually happening with some of the people around the club now, Mr Gambrill, Mr Agombar, people who has failed the ODT and yet still seem to be exercising a powerful influence over the club.

"Fourthly - The situation with Mr McCarthy, the man to whom the shares have now been transferred. He is technically the 57% owner of the club and against whom the FA have just brought an enforcement action.

"And finally the Southern League which I don't think has covered itself in glory.

"After covering all that I did come away feeling they have got the message.

"I also think they understand.

"It is not easy matter for the FA but I hope they will come back to us relatively soon and annouce some concrete progress.

"I am pretty determined about it."

Asked how he felt the FA had handled the whole thing, Norman said that they are trying to hold the line.

"It's not a straight forward process say the FA. Hereford United is a very complex situation. Some of the submissions that have been made require court certification and other public bodies to respond. It's not realistic to have that done in 14 days.

"Frankly I thought that was a sensible arguement, I wasn't happy about it but I can understand where they are coming from."