Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Purdie And Tamworth


Purdie After The Final Home Game Of Last Season
Former Hereford United utility player Rob Purdie who has signed a one year deal with Tamworth has been speaking about his move.

"It’s nice to finally put pen to paper and sort my future out,” Purdie told the Tamworth Hearld.

“Tamworth is a great move for me. I was at Worcester for a few weeks in pre-season and their manager Carl Heeley is a really nice guy. But I just felt Worcester were in a position where they were not too sure of what they needed.

“I then got a call off the gaffer (Dale Belford) and had a good chat with him about Tamworth and his plans for the club and I just decided I wanted to sign on here. I had a few offers but this was the one that really appealed.

“It’s a good club and I knew a few of the lads already, like Greeny (Paul Green), Towner (Michael Townsend) and Dave Hibbert.

“It feels like I have clicked with the lads in the dressing room straight away and already feel settled here and I think that’s important.”

Whilst at Hereford, Purdie played in virtually every position bar in goal and he says he'll do the same at Tamworth if asked.

"When I signed, the gaffer basically said there was a place here for me as a left back. I played there for Hereford at the end of last season and I enjoyed it.

“But if we have got injuries, I am happy to move around, if we have left back cover.

“I’d like to think I give the gaffer that option so I might be popping up all over the place!”