Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sharp Signs For Stockport


Chris Sharp has signed for Stockport for the coming season after impressing in a trial match.

The former Telford man netted the only goal as the Hatters beat Northwich. He told the club's official site: 

"A couple of weeks into the close season I heard that there was a chance of joining County. Lordy already knows me well as he was instrumental in taking me to Motherwell previously. I was also getting pushed by Sean Newton who kept telling me to get to Stockport as Lordy wanted me. To be fair Newts owed me a favour as I had introduced him to Alan in the first place.

It's a massive club to play for at this level. When you see a club getting 3 to 4,000 fans in the Conference that's where players should want to play their football. So when I knew the club might be interested, I thought....Come on!"