Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Townsend Makes First Managerial Move


Former defender Quentin Townsend is the latest ex-Bull to turn his hand to management.

The 37 year old has taken over as manager of Midland Combination side Southam United. The Saints are currently on a run of five straight losses, including a 10-0 loss to the reformed Bromsgrove Sporting side, after previous manager Lee Knibbs left along with several of their first team players.

Townsend played for Southam for three years until the summer of 2012, before moving on to Pershore, telling the club's website:

“I have learned a great deal from many different coaches and managers I played for. I now believe the time is right for me to make the step up into management. What better place to start than at a club that I hold dear to my heart and where I enjoyed great times in the past.”