Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Ego Has Landed


Barnet boss Edgar Davids will wear the no.1 shirt for the club this season - and insists his players call him "Mr Davids" even on the pitch during games.

Speaking to the Times Series, goalkeeper Graham Stack said he was to continue wearing no.29, the number he wore last season, after speaking to Davids: “Edgar Davids has asked to wear number one, he asked me what number I want and I said I didn’t mind."

The paper also quotes Davids: "Yes, that is my number for the season. I am going to start this trend.” 

Davids, 40, played the majority of the Bees' 4-1 loss to MK Dons on Saturday wearing the no.1 shirt, with the franchise club's players commenting on the Bees' players being forced to address their manager formally during the game. The paper later confirmed he has ordered them to address him as "Mr Davids" during matches.