Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, May 21, 2012

Luton "More Confident That Ever"


Luton chief executive Gary Sweet says the club can win the Conference next season after their play-off loss.

York won 2-1 with the winner being shown on TV to be clearly offside, with manager Paul Buckle scathing of the officials:

“I think I’m a positive coach in terms if it (the offside) is ‘nip and tuck’ I agree with the rule that you give the advantage to the striker. You ask your players to be disciplined and track their runners but it was so far offside, it was so wrong.

“A linesman is asked to be there for the offside, it’s crystal clear and they got it wrong.”

Meanwhile, Sweet believes that Buckle and his staff will have the resources to win the division next season, telling their official site: 

"If that is what Paul Buckle can do in the shape of a few weeks then let's see what we can do in the summer, with a pre-season and how he can get the team shaped up for a push for a promotion title next year. It's about strength of character now. I know I can pick myself up and I know Paul will be ready to go. The boys in the backroom certainly see this as the start of an era and not the end of one.

"To be perfectly honest, we would have been an excellent prospect in League Two, but Paul is the man. Paul will regroup and I feel better and more confident than I ever have before about winning this league."