Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Adams respects Peters

Ahead of Monday's game, Port Vale manager Micky Adams has noted that Hereford United are 21st in the Division Two table but feels there is one man in their management team who could propell them to safety.

"Gary is in there and we know all about his record at this level," Adams told the Sentinel.

"He knows about fitness and organisation and he will be drip feeding that through to Jamie Pitman."

Adams has also revealed that two former Bulls are likely to start for the Valiants on Monday. John McCombe and Lee Collins played for Graham Turner in the 2007/08 season but later moved to Vale. McCombe has recently hasd a spell on the sidelines but Adams feels his form has returned.

"When I came back to this football club I gave players who had been here previously a little bit of slack because I knew what they were capable of, but if I felt they were performing below themselves I'm not scared to do something.

"I don't think John was performing to the high standards we saw at the beginning of last season.

"I did talk to him about going out on loan, but he wanted to stick around and fight for his place and now I think he's back to his best."

Meanwhile the bookies appear to favour Vale to win the game.

Latest Odds from SkyBet:

Hereford 11/5 Draw 12/5 Vale 6/5

However Victor Chandler are offering 5/2 for a Hereford victory and both BetFred and Totesport are offering 5/2 for a draw.