Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Ref was Okay said Fleetwood

Hereford United striker Stuart Fleetwood has commented on referee Paul Tierney's performance at Gillingham this afternoon.

Tierney spoke to both Hereford coach Dave Bevan and Gills assistant Ian Hendon during the game as well as booking eight players.

"A lot of people said he was pretty poor but I think he just did it to the letter of the law," Fleetwood told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"There were a few niggly free kicks we felt we should have got, maybe a penalty on me when their lad came through the back of me.

"They kicked the ball away a few times, he had to book them. I think that got the crowd frustrated and when the crowd gets frustrated, the players do.

"But I thought the ref was okay."