Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Davey's Reaction to Another Defeat

Simon Davey gave his reaction to this afternoon's defeat to BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"We got off to a flyer, got our goal then took our foot off the gas," said the Hereford United manager.

"They stopped doing the jobs they were asked to do. Then they got punished.

"A cross into our box, good finish. A dubious second goal. Still don't know what has gone on there.

"Obviously he touched it and we tried to get onto the ball but I could see from where I was sitting that they moved the ball three or four yards further, closer to the goal. He, the referee, doesn't see that and the next minute it's in the back of the net.

"Then we conceded again from a bad error which was a bad decision from one of the back four."

Davey felt the players hadn't done their jobs this afternoon.

"They have to start doing their jobs for ninety minutes. At the end of the day it's no good doing it for twenty five minutes or fourty five minutes. They have to do it for ninety minutes.

"We got our nose in front then didn't have the belief to win the game when they should have done.

"We need a bit more presence in there. We look a bit lightweight in there.

"I thought Manset didn't work hard enough today. I thought he worked for twenty minutes and then downed tools which is not acceptable."

Davey was asked about the absence of O'Neil Thompson from the squad.

"I've taken him out of the A team. You earn the right to play in the eleven. He hasn't done in the last two or three weeks."

Davey finished off by saying he was still looking at the loan market.

"I need somebody with presence in the middle of the park and I probably need an out and out left winger. I've been looking for a left winger for ten weeks.

"They are very hard to come by and they cost a lot of money.

"The players I brought in are good enough to be a lot higher than they are at the moment.

"I won't give up on them and I'll make sure they have the right preparation, the right workload and they are out fighting on Tuesday night."