Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Connor really excited to join Hereford

Goal-keeper Dan Connor has said that he felt he could not take his career any further in Ireland so when the chance came along to move to Hereford United he was really excited

The 29-year-old had joined the Saints from Cork City following the Rebel club’s demise. But he couldn’t break into the first team as Gary Rogers has made an impressive start to the season. Connor was linked with a move to Darlington prior to joining the Saints. But he couldn’t get Cork City – who were days from collapsing – to sign off on the deal.

However, he recently joined Hereford and agreed a two-year deal.

"I’ve taken my career as far as I could in Ireland," said Connor.

"Football in Ireland has been going through a well publicised off- field crisis in recent years.

"I’ve been looking to get back into the Football League in England for a while now.

"When my agent told me that Simon Davey (Hereford boss) was interested I was really excited. I’m still only 29 and, as a keeper, I’ve my best years still to come."

Connor has made a good start at his new club and looks as though he will challenge Adam Bartlett for a regular starting place.