Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Trewick gets what he asked for

Hereford United defeated Shrewsbury Town 2-1 last night and manager John Trewick appeared delighted with his teams performance.

"Difficult conditions", Trewick remarked to BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"But I what I asked for before the game was a bit of toughness, a bit of resilence and a bit of character and I think the players showed that after last Saturday when we were a bit soft and gave away goals too easily.

"I did not want to see that again and in the second half we didn't pass the ball well. But when we put the two things together we will improve again.

"I thought we started the game well and put some good moves together, I did not get a good look at the penalty.

"But we have been on the wrong end of a few decisions in recent weeks so maybe this has evened it up a bit."

Meanwhile Shrewsbury manager Paul Simpson commented:

"It is disappointing as we have probably done enough to get ourselves back into the game but if you give any team a start like that then they will beat you."