Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Romantic former Bull in charge of Cup Giantkillers

Gary Lowe now managing Curzon Aston was once a Hereford United player.

Lowe's name came into the news last weekend when his side defeated Exeter in the first round of the FA Cup. Their next tie is at Kidderminster.

Midfielder Lowe only played nine League games for the Bulls. He joined them from Manchester City and afterwards moved to Hong Kong.

"I always felt I just wasn't strong enough as a player," he said. "I didn't have enough desire or determination although ability-wise I was fine.

"Even at Hereford I struggled playing only 20 or so games before moving to Hong Kong, still as a pro, turning out for a team called Caroline Hill."

Lowe believes his 'football crazy' partner Anna-Maria is the club's secret weapon.

"She's not missed a home match this season and is a lucky charm not missing any of our FA Cup qualifying games against Runcorn, Leigh, Stocksbridge, Mosley, Hinckley and of course on Saturday against Exeter," Lowe told the Manchester Evening News.

How did they meet?

"It was a dream first date 12 years ago because he can cook and I love football so we had lots in common," said Anne-Maria.

"I thought he was big-headed at first when I saw him at Smokey's nightclub in Oldham and then by coincidence a week later at a bar in Ashton when his chat-up line was, `Why don't you give me a kiss?'

"When he starts dancing around shouting in the technical area I look away. I can't say too much, though, about his screaming and shouting because I'm worse."