Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Home Against Farsley Celtic On Saturday March 23rd Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

GT Sells Club To Done

Matt Done has spoken to the Chester Evening Leader about his move to Edgar Street:

"It is going to be a lot different than staying at Wrexham. I want to get into the team early on, try and stay there and obviously enjoy it. Playing at places like Elland Road and the Walkers Stadium in from of 30,000 fans is going to be a new experience, something every player wants to do regularly.

"I have had the taste of the big stage at Derby, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday with Wrexham and you just want more. I am no different to anybody. You improve your game with the bigger crowd, stadium and atmosphere – it brings the best out of you.I can't wait for training to start and for the season to get under way."

The youngster admitted turning down the Bulls in January for loyalty: "I never doubted I would stay in January. There was the opportunity to go but I wanted to stay and help Wrexham stay up. Unfortunately we did not. But a lot has changed since January. Obviously Hereford have gone up and Wrexham have gone down.

"It was a tough decision in the end to leave Wrexham. It's been quiet for five weeks but suddenly the last week was very busy. I had a few other offers from League One but the big factor was Graham Turner. He came after me in January so obviously knew about me and it meant a lot that he came back for me. I respect that and decided to go.

"Graham Turner sold the club to me. He has ambitions, like me, to get to the highest level."