Saturday, March 15, 2008

Great Partnership with Dean Beckwith

Defender John McCombe has told BBC Hereford and Worcester that the squad were very pleased to have keept another clean sheet this afternoon against Wycombe.

"I think that's three in a row we have kept and three wins," said McCombe.

He went on to talk about his partnership with Dean Beckwith.

"I think we've done well over the last eight or nine games together since I've come back.

"Dean's a brilliant player and I think we have done well together to keep clean sheets.

"I think that's the whole key to the team - knowing if you make a mistake there's someone who will cover for you. You trust the other players.

"Wayne Brown did superb on Tuesday and I think he's done well again today."

Richard Rose was also interviewed by H&W.

"We were expecting a tough game because they have been on a very good run of form lately and we were fortunate to get a goal the way we did.

"Towards the end of the game it turned out to be a tough battle but if we can win games like that and we can get promoted then we'll take that.

"We've kept three clean sheets in the last three games which is excellent."