Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Purdie pleased with HUISA award


Club captain Rob Purdie has told BBC Hereford and Worcester that he was pleased to receive the player of the year award from HUISA.

"It's been an up and down season for me with the fans.

"There are two things which obviously stick out in my mind. One of course is getting player of the year which I'm delighted with and the other ones will be the bad times when I came on against Shrewsbury in the LDV and got booed by a section of our support.

"So it's been an up and down season for me but I'm very happy with the award and thank the fans who voted for me."

Later in the interview Purdie talked about new contracts.

"A few people have been offered something. The gaffer will be trying to keep the nucleus of the squad and trying to build on what we have got here.

"I'm speaking to the gaffer this week and then we'll see from there."

Purdie also revealed why Marcus Palmer had been subbed at half time.

"He's not match fit. After thirty minutes he started to tire. He couldn't produce what we think he can."