Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Home Against Farsley Celtic On Saturday March 23rd Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, March 26, 2007

McClenahan could return home

Hereford United's Trent McClenahan has been sunning himself near Adelaide in his native Australia but also training with the under-23 squad in preparation for their game against Saudi Arabia on Wednesday.

In between times he has been talking to the press about how he arrived at Edgar Street.

"I spent a few years at West Ham coming through the ranks and made a few first-team appearances," McClenahan said.

"When they got promoted to the Premiership it made it more difficult for me.

"I wasn't going to play regularly and get that much of a sniff.

"So it wasn't that much of a hard decision to leave.

"I'm young and I need to play regularly to learn so that's why I joined Hereford. I've played a fair few games this year and we'll see what comes of it."

He has made 22 appearances for the Bulls so far but never played at a senior level in Australia.

"Whenever you play for your country it is at a high level, especially in such a big match which we need to win.

"They'll be very tough, they're top of the group with two wins out of two.

"They'll come here looking to make it three but we're at home and we've got to look to be on the front foot."

McClenahan seems uncertain of how his future will pan out. However he admits that given the right offer he would consider returning to his home land.

"But I've never received an offer to play in the A-League so it's never really been a decision for me.

"We'll just see what happens."