Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Home Against Farsley Celtic On Saturday March 23rd Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Dover confirm Wallis signing


Dover Football club have confirmed the signing of Jon Wallis.

Below is how they have described his move from Hereford United.

DOVER ATHLETIC have pulled off a major transfer coup in completing the signing of Jon Wallis from League Two club Hereford United.

Jon, who was a fans' favourite at Crabble during a loan spell earlier in the season, will join initially until the summer.

This boosts the squad massively in our bid to gain promotion back to the Premier Division.

Jon, who has been on loan recently at Conference National champions-elect Dagenham, only inked the deal at Crabble on Tuesday night - and will go straight into the squad for our vital game against Chatham on Saturday.


Meanwhile Wallis has spoken to the Kent press.

"I had a wonderful loan spell here earlier in the season and really enjoyed myself. The club made a big impression on me and I'm delighted to be back at Crabble.

"There are a lot of great lads at Dover and I want to help them get out of this division. That is my main focus now.

"Clive has promised he will not stand in my way if a club at a higher level comes in for me - and, when I say that, I mean Conference or above.

"It goes without saying that I want to play in the Football League or Conference - and I will be listening to what other people say in the summer.

"However, if I am getting loads of games at Dover, become part of a successful team and enjoying myself here, it'll take an amazing opportunity elsewhere to prise me away. I may decide I want to stay here."