Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Guinan uncertain of future

Former Hereford United striker, Steve Guinan, has told the Exeter Express and Echo that he would prefer to stay at a League club than drop down to the Conference.



Steve Guinan at Edgar Street in August 2003

"If I was being honest I would like to stay with a League club," said Guinan.

"It is where I have played the majority of my football and I still feel I can perform at that level.

"Obviously you can never say never and I scored something like 40 goals in 70 games in the Conference, so it is fair to say I am proven at that level.

"And I know the Westcountry well from my time with Plymouth and it is a beautiful part of the country.

"But Exeter are just one of a number of clubs who have made me an offer.

"I have quite a few decent offers from League Two clubs and several more in the Conference.

"I certainly would not rule out moving on in the transfer window if a club that ticks all the boxes was to come along. At the moment I have a lot to consider and it is about taking stock and making the right decision for me and my family."