Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Tam happy to sign for another season

Hereford United's captain, Tamika Mkandawire, has been telling BBC Hereford and Worcester why it took so long for his signing to be announced.

"I went away for a couple of weeks and then the Gaffer went away as soon as I got back.

"I didn't really have a chance to speak to him but I was more than happy to sign."

Looking at the coming season Mkandawire admitted it would be hard.

"There's more good teams in this league than the Conference but everyone is looking forward to the challenge.

"We've played teams in the LDV like Port Vale and Scunthorpe and done well but playing a whole season as opposed to one off games is totally different.

"I'd like to think we'll do alright."