Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Green looks for promotion challenge

Ryan Green has been speaking to the Western Daily Press about his hopes that his new club might challenge for promotion this season.

Now 25, Green hopes his move to Rovers from Hereford United will be a case of second time lucky as he had hoped to join his new club back in 2001 when Gerry Francis was in charge.

"I picked up an injury while I was here and nothing came of it, so I ended up at Millwall," said Green.

"But I'm delighted to be here now. I knew a couple of the lads already. I knew Aaron Lescott because I was at Wolves with his brother Joleon, and I was at Millwall with Robbie Ryan.

"It seems like the club have got a good set of lads and I can't wait until the pre-season games start now.

"It's going to be a tough league to get out of with teams like Hartlepool and MK Dons coming down, and we have a tough start with Peterborough and Wycombe in the first couple of games.

"But hopefully we can reach at least the play-offs. It would be great to win promotion and then kick on from there."

Green did say that he looked at the fixture list to see when Rovers play the Bulls. The first clash at Bristol is in September and the return at Edgar Street on Boxing Day.

"I gave three years good service to Hereford and I hope I get a good reception. They have some good young players there and with a few more experienced people, I think they'll do OK."