Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Home Against Farsley Celtic On Saturday March 23rd Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Jeannin wary of former club

Alex Jeannin, now with Hereford United after a spell at Exeter, has told the Exeter Express and Echo that he is wary of a backlash from his former club after they were defeated by Grays Athletic last weekend.

"When a team loses you expect them to come out fighting and do everything they can to win the next game," said 28 year-old Jeannin.

"There is a lot of character in the Exeter squad, it was one of the things that helped us be successful last year, and I am expecting a very difficult game on Saturday. Whenever Exeter play Hereford it is always very close and I can't see this game being any different.

"Things are going very well for us at the moment. We had a difficult start to the season, but we had a lot of important players out injured.

"Sure there were games where we did not play as well as we could have done, but we have turned it round and, now that we have everyone fit again, you can see what a difference it makes.

"Against Port Vale on Tuesday we played some very good football and deserved to go through.

"We were the better side on the night and it is always nice to get the better of Football League opposition."

Jeannin revealed that he will always remember his time at Exeter.

"When I arrived at Hereford I had to win my place in the team. I have managed to get in the side and am happy with how things have gone and I think the manager is happy with me.

"I have only missed one game so far and that was because of suspension and I am pleased to have established myself.

"I am looking forward to playing against Exeter. It is always something special to play against your old club.

"I had a great time at Exeter and and it will be special for me to play against them. But I will be doing everything I can to help us beat them as that is what we need. I always look out for Exeter's results and stay in touch with Barry McConnell and other friends I have at the club and in the city."