Saturday, November 05, 2005

Brady wants Northampton in the Second Round

Jon Brady, the Hereford United goalscorer last night, would like to play Northampton in the second round of the FA Cup but, as he admitted to BBC Hereford and Worcester, purely for selfish reasons.

"Northampton, it's only two minutes away from me. I do enough travelling through the week so that would be a nice one!

"I don't mind who we get. Nice to have a home draw for the club, for the finances, for Graham.

"He works ever so hard, so it would be a great reward for the club."

Brady relived his goal which put the Bulls into the second round.

"It was an enjoyable finish.

"He (Green) found himself on the left wing, the ball broke down the midfield and he did well, shook off a few challenges and put it in.

"I think it was meant for Graham. I made a late run into the box and I managed to connect to it quite nicely," said Brady.

Meanwhile, as the Bulls are not involved in an FA Cup replay, both Tamika Mkandawire and Danny Carey-Bertram will be available to play for the English National XI in Belgium on November 15th.