Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Addison remembers Wade

Colin Addison has fond memories of Joe Wade. He spoke about him earlier on BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"I remember a game against Aberystwyth Town in the Welsh Cup, which Hereford could play in then.

"In those days, we didn't lose too many games, but we lost this game. And to a lot of the people at Hereford and my directors at the time and people concerned with the club it was a disaster to get beat by Aberystwyth.

"But after about a couple of hours there was just a quiet knock on the door. I remember just saying 'come in'

"The door just opened and who was it - the lovely face of Joe Wade. He just looked at me and said 'Good morning Colin, how are you?'

"I'm okay Joe, - He could see I wasn't, he could see I was down a little bit.

"He said 'Everything alright'

"I said yes, could be a little bit better, you know when you lose a game Joe. A little disappointing last night.

"He said 'Aye don't worry, just keep your pecker up. Newcastle in ten days time' that's what he said to me. (We were through to play Newcastle in those two wonderful cup games)

"See you. Pop and have a coffee when you're passing the shop."

"Door closed and he was gone. Sixty seconds. Never forget that. Just the one person to say hey how are you, how you doing, keep your pecker up."

Addison added that Joe was very well repected and would be much
missed.