Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Brady talks about his move

Jon Brady who has left Stevenage for Conference rivals Hereford has told the Comet that "I never wanted to leave the club".

The 29-year-old, who lives in Northampton, will link up with another former Stevenage player, Simon Travis, at Edgar Street.

"I didn't want to leave but circumstances forced me into it. I was offered a substantially lesser deal and it was not even enough to pay my mortgage.

"Graham Turner really wanted me to go to Hereford and I appreciate that.

"I've been at Stevenage for a year and a half and I didn't want this to happen. The whole situation has surprised me with the way I played since Christmas.

"I've had a superb time with the fans and playing down the right in front of the East Terrace was brilliant. I would really like to thank the fans and all the players; I've left some good mates there."