Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Two sides to the Brown story

The Worcester News goes into some detail this morning over why David Brown left Edgar Street.

Brown says that there was a disagreement with firstly John Trewick then Graham Turner after the Eastwood Town game.

The striker had his contract terminated by the Bulls last week and joined Accrington Stanley.

As reported earlier, Brown who lives at Wigan and has recently had his third daughter, was trying to keep training and playing with Hereford whilst studying at Alasger which is part of Manchester University. He lived at Shrewbury during the week.

"It was nothing to do with the training, more the organisation of it. In the end, I had a disagreement with John Trewick and then with the gaffer.

"We had a game on the Tuesday and they sprung it on us after the game that the lads who did not play had to train on Wednesday.

"It was the way it was sprung on me. If I had been told on the Monday, which they usually did, then I would have brought stuff with me. I had to train but had no kit or wash-bag.

"I was out of line with what I said and I later tried to apologise but it was not accepted. The gaffer could not accept that it was out of character for me.

"That was the first and only time I had a disagreement. I never had a problem before.

"I've always trained well and given everything. I've been a model pro, I've never been a bad egg. If I had a day off to go to college, I would still go to the gym and do the training."

Graham Turner has also put his side of the story to the newspaper.

"We bent over backwards to allow David to go to college two days a week. He was told to train with us on Wednesday, the day after the Eastwood game, bearing in mind he would not have been in on Thursday.

"His training had been very limited before that game, so it was not unreasonable for him to come in to training. There was a confrontation with the coach. If he wasn't committed to training, then we did not want him here."