Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, February 14, 2005

Midworth signs for Burton

Despite spending some time at Edgar Street last week, it has been confirmed that Phil Midworth has signed for Burton.

It isn't known if Graham Turner made Midworth any sort of offer to stay at Hereford, but Burton Albion manager Nigel Clough has waisted little time in signing the former West Bromwich Albion defender Phil Midworth.

Midworth joined the Brewers initially on non-contract terms which allowed him to make his debut as a substitute in Saturday's win at Farnborough.

"I got released at Christmas and only agreed my pay-off on Thursday," Midworth told the Derbyshire Telegraph.

"I had trained with Burton but also at Hereford and a couple of other places.

"The gaffer asked me to sign non-contract forms on Friday and I was happy to do so.We just rushed it through in time for the game and we'll be talking about it soon."