ad banner

Lastmatch

Text at top (next game etc)

Next game: Spennymoor At Edgar Street On Saturday September 5th At 3.00pm

Top stories

TOP STORIES:
Loading headlines...

Breaking

Pages

Tuesday, September 01, 2026

Not Much Football In The Game Said Danns

Southport manager Neil Danns has spoken about yesterday's game against Hereford which the visitors won 1-0 thanks to a penalty.

"Obviously Hereford are doing well in the league at the minute so it was always going to be a tough game.

"The weather played a big part in it. It was a game of two teams trying to play the wind. There wasn't much football in today's game.

"You think there's nothing in this game then we give a penalty away at the end which I'm not sure if I'm honest, I'll have to watch it back.

"There were some decisions that were questionable but I'm not going to say too much on that.

"Then we go down to ten men but the lads kept going. A couple of chances at the end.

"I would have prefered it if it was not somebody else's decision to help that goal. 

"Luke Burgess comes off with stud marks on his knee and no one got penalised.



"Their lad gets a tackle, does not get touched, jumps straight back up, physio doesn't need to come on the pitch and our man gets sent off.

"That's football and sometimes your luck goes one way , sometimes your luck doesn't.