Saturday, September 23, 2023

I Couldn't Turn Down The Opportunity To Come To Hereford Said Tolley


Jack Tolley made his debut in a Hereford shirt this afternoon. Afterwards he described it as fantastic.

"You've got the crowd, they make a massive difference," said Tolley.

"To start off life here at Edgar Street is phenominal.

"It's a team effort, just to get in the right positions and get the early goal with Cys (Ceesay) is brilliant."

Tolley began his season at Ilkeston.

"It was a good start, but I couldn't turn down an opportunity to come and play National League North again especially with a side like Hereford.

"Caddis wants me to go and express myself which is the exact type of player I am.

"Get good quality balls into the box, get shots off early and I'm hoping I can do that and get the crowd going.

"I was at Derby as a youth player then Shrewsbury and then with Harriers who brought me through and gave me my first team contract, I have a lot to thank them for. But I'm here now.

"I've come here to better myself, try and kick on, have some goals and assists and good performances and most important get on up the table."

There was 2222 at the game which Tolley said was brilliant.

"It's that added edge which I'd like to say I'd thrive off. The crowd were really good today.

"The lads have been brilliant. I know a few from my Harriers's days, Cameron, Arthur and Ceesay. I've been embedded in the team like one of their own. 

"I am available to play in the FA Cup so hopefully kick on in that as well."

How did the move to Hereford come about?

"I decided to part ways with Ilkeston after a couple of rough weeks.

"Ilkeston were really good and they accepted it and wished me all the best for the future.

"But then as soon as the opportunity came to come to Hereford I couldn't turn it down.

"The approach came through a bit of a network.

"In the end me and the Gaffer had a chat and we've come from there."