Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Bishop Stortford In The FA Cup On Saturday 28 September at 3.00pm

Monday, April 03, 2023

Work Life Balance Is A Challenge Said Phillips

Kevin Phillips

In his post Boston interview, Kevin Phillips was asked about how managed two jobs. The Hereford interim assistant manager also works at Forest Green.

"Any one who has worked in football understands that work life balance is a challenge," said Phillips.

"Luckily I've got a really supportive partner.

"I've been doing this for a number of years in different places and she's really supportive. I think that's key.

"Yan's family is the same, really supportive.

"If you've got those people behind you who are able to lift you when you are down or keep your feet on the ground when you might be up.

"Just to have that support is really helpful and I'm very grateful for that and I know Yan is as well."

Phillips was asked how does training work.

"Yan is the gaffer, he makes the decisions but I've known him for ten years so we've got a really good working relationship.

"We discuss things but Yan makes the decisions because he is the boss.

"In terms of training it's mixed up. He will deliver some things, I'll deliver some things, it's split.

"I feel we work really well together.

"It's certainly been an enjoyable journey so far."

Keith Hall then asked: Is it something you are both looking at as prospective manager and assistant at Edgar Street into the future or is it a temporary position?

"That's a very clever question Keith putting it so directly.

"We are here until the end of the season and that's all we've been told at  the moment.

"It would be wrong of me to answer questions on Yan's behalf for example.

"He's brought me in to support him in this role until the end of the season.

"With the new chairman being appointed today - fantastic by the way that he spent the time to meet us all after the game.

"The club is looking to develope and grow and be sustainable just like he said in his interview and we'll support that as long as they want us to."

Phillips was asked how he came to help Klukowski at Hereford.

"I work with Yan on a day to day basis at another club in other roles and we've worked together for a number of years.

"He spoke to me about whether I would be happy to help. I'm very grateful to the other club I work at for supporting that.

"It does make work life balance a little bit challenging but a support network around you and support from my other club it allows it to be possible.

"We're certainly not lacking in our committment to Hereford. We're not missing out on anything having dual roles."