Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Bowen's Rise From Conference To England

 

Jarrod Bowen has been asked about his rise from playing for Hereford United to being in the England squad.

He admitted the thoughts of putting on an English shirt were 'a million miles away' at that time.

"A million miles away, at the time it was Conference football for my local team and that was it.

“Obviously you have dreams but you don’t think of someone from Hereford, to get a move to Hull in the first place, it was just playing for my local team and just playing week in, week out in the Conference.

“Sometimes I sit back and look back at where we’ve come from, and especially being in an England camp now – not being big-headed, I’ve got to take my hat off to myself from where I’ve come from and what I’ve done.

“It is everything. Everything you dream of when you’re growing up and to get the call, obviously it’s an honour and a privilege of mine.”