Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Substitute Haines Ensured Bulls Went Home With A Point


Luke Haines came off the bench in added time for Hereford at Alfreton this afternoon and within seconds scored their third goal. The match finished 3-3.

It's uncertain whether manager Josh Gowling was going to bring on Haines. He later said that Yan Klukowski had suggested the introduction of Haines to the game.

Afterwards Haines, who has missed several games recently after receiving a blow to his head, spoke to the local media.

"It's always good to get onto the score sheet and help get the result," said Haines.

"We needed it and it's always good to help get it.

"It's not often you find me in the box to be fair."

Haines came on late in the game.

"We've got good depth in the squad, we've got players that can keep you out of the squad so I'm never going to expect to walk straight back in with the quality we've got and I haven't done that.

"I had to sit and wait today and I might have to do it the next game but I want to be on the pitch as much as I can. And if I have to work even harder than I am to do that then I will."

Although the match was drawn Alfreton scored first.

"To come back from behind three times does show the spirit in the camp and the fight.

"And the fans were magnificent today, we heard them from start to finish. They keep us going the whole game."

Haines was asked what was needed to turn 'these results into victories'?

"It's just errors. We do analysis on teams and we know what they are going to do and we knew what they were going to do today and there were three goals which we should keep out really .

"It's a team effort, it comes from up top all the way to the back so there's no one individually at fault."

How close do you think you are to finally clicking?

"In possession I think most teams would agree that we are probably one of the best in the league, the way we play, the way we get forward.

"The thing we are lacking at the moment is the final third, I know we scored three today, but usually it's scoring goals. It's just that final touch and just keeping out the other end, switching on that split second.

"I think it's just that final turn of the screw, once we get that first win, may be the second one will follow it and we'll fly up the table picking up the results we need."

Given today's draw Haines was asked if he wanted Tuesday's game against Kettering to go ahead.

"We want the games to come think and fast now as we're playing so well we don't want to stop. We want to get that win and kick on from that."

Haines was asked what he was told before he went on the pitch.

"The gaffer and Yan Klukowski said you are going up front. Just go on and cause problems. Go and win headers. Try and knock things down.

"And the first thing that was knocked down to me was the goal.

"They wanted me to go on and offer something different up front which was aerial presence.

"And I got the goal we needed."